For Christmas we were the recipients of an Excalibur Food Dehydrator. Lucky, right? It has been running almost non-stop ever since! We’ve dehydrated apples, kale, tomatoes, etc. My dehydrated salted vinegar zucchini chips were a major hit around here so I had to share the recipe with you.
1. Wash and dry 3 medium to large zucchini and use a mandolin or knife to slice them approximately 1/8″ thick.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of malt vinegar with 1.5 tablespoons oil of your choice, 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste and 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper to taste.
3. Add your zucchini slices into the vinegar mixture and marinade for an hour in the refrigerator , being sure to break up any pieces of zucchini that want stick together.
4. Add to your food dehydrator in a single layer.
5. Dehydrate for 2 hours on your highest setting (165 degrees F in my case), then turn the temperature down to 125 degrees F for approximately 8 to 10 hours until they crisp up to your likeness.
In our case, a spoonful of vinegar will catch more flies than a gallon of honey!