It’s always a victory when I can find a low carbohydrate treat for my daughter, Jaci. Since her diagnosis of type 1 diabetes, counting carbs has become a daily chore around our house. Attempting to remove simple sugars from her diet while still allowing her to have a yummy sweet treat now and again is a challenge this Mom is up to!
This is a yummy one, Crafty Friends! The lower sweetness, from the natural sweetener stevia rather than sugar, gives a sophisticated dark chocolate taste. I’ve calculated each muffin cup to be about 2 carbs each. Not too shabby, huh?
Place all ingredients in an electric mixer with a whisk attachment. Whisk on medium for approximately 5 minutes or until your dark brown chocolate takes on a light fluffy color and texture. Add approximately 2 tablespoons into each foil muffin liner and top your chocolate cups as desired.
I made a few chocolate cups with a small sprinkling of fine coconut flakes and topped with a raspberry. The other chocolate cups were made with the upcoming valentine holiday in mind – I cut a thin slice of strawberry from stem to tapered bottom then cut out a heart shape using a mini cookie cutter. I sprinkled each chocolate cup with a little bit of homemade almond flour and ended with some sweet little valentine treats!
Low Carb Whipped Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 tsp approximately 80 to 90 drops alcohol free stevia extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- fruit or berries nuts, coconut flakes, extra sea salt or chili pepper flakes or any other topping you'd enjoy (optional)
- Place foil cupcake liners into muffin pan.
- Melt the coconut oil in a warm water bain marie.
- Place all ingredients, including the coconut oil, into electric mixing bowl and using the whisk attachment, whisk together until nice and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into each cupcake liner.
- Add fruit or berries of your choice, coconut flakes, extra sea salt, nuts, chili pepper flakes, or any other topping you'd enjoy (optional).
- Place full muffin tin(s) into the refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes or until the chocolate has set and is firm.
- Remove from muffin tin and store in the refrigerator.