I’ll bet you’ve heard about replacing regular pizza crust with the healthier cauliflower pizza crust. About a year ago I tried my first cauliflower pizza crust and have not had a gluten crust since. The cauliflower crust is so much better! Now I’ve went one step better in the healthier eating department – I’ve replaced the high glycemic potatoes in potato salad with the low glycemic vegetable, cauliflower! I know, it sounds kind of weird, doesn’t it? But I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised even if you aren’t a huge cauliflower fan. I love it fried but I don’t guess you’d ever see me eating it plain or even eating it raw with a dip.
Even easier than making potato salad, steam the cauliflower, boil the eggs, dice the celery and onions, then stir in your spices, sit back and taste a dish that’s delightfully different. Healthy, hearty and delicious. 😉
Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh steamed cauliflower
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 4 green onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish optional
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- steam small bite sized pieces of cauliflower (I place mine in a steamer for 18 minutes).
- while cauliflower steams, hard boil the eggs.
- peel and dice hard boiled eggs.
- chop green onions and celery.
- add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- serve chilled or at room temperature.