My favorite source for recipes really let me down the other day when I was searching for a good garlic cheese bread to eat with our eggplant. The recipe I found called for mayonnaise. Mayonnaise! Although it may very well have been delicious, I couldn’t, in good conscience, add it to my garlic bread. Instead, I made up my own recipe on the fly and I am so glad i did because it was the most amazing garlic cheese bread I’ve ever had!
Printable recipe below, enjoy!
Favorite Garlic Bread
- 1 french bagette loaf cut in half long ways
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup 1 stick of butter
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup of aged cheddar grated
- Melt butter in a pan and saute minced garlic for approximately 1 minute then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Cut the baguette loaf in half long ways and lay on a baking pan, slice green onions and grate cheese.
- Once the garlic has cooled, mix in the green onions and grated cheese.
- Spoon mixture onto the baguette evenly.
- Place under broiler for a few minutes until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.