My sister-in-law, Cindee, is my favorite cook! She makes some of the most flavorful dishes I’ve ever had. Knowing how much I love her salsa, she came over the other day and said “I have a surprise for you!” and handed me a USB drive. Hmmmm, I didn’t know what to think. She said “Your surprise isn’t the drive itself, it is what is ON the drive.” Ahhh, that made much more sense. I opened the folder and saw that she had taken all of these pictures and typed out the recipe for her salsa. Yummm! Couldn’t wait to share it with you!
Cindee's Salsa Recipe
- 6 large tomatoes
- 3 to 4 peppers jalapeno, anaheim, pablano
- 1 large white onion
- 1 medium bunch of cilantro
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic to taste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 2 lemons
- roast peppers on the grill or broil on the top rack of the oven until the skins are dark brown/black. Set aside.
- remove the seeds of the tomatoes and dice. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- slice onions and rough chop cilantro.
- add onion/cilantro mixture to the chopped tomatoes.
- mince garlic and add to mixture.
- remove seeds and place peppers into a food processor, pulsing them a few times to chop them.
- add peppers to tomato mixture.
- add salt and lemon juice.
- mix well and serve with corn tortilla chips.
Please wear gloves when handling peppers!