As much as I’d love to take credit for this recipe, it’s actually Mom’s recipe that I just had to try! I took the brave step of buying a 25 lb crate of fresh Washington State peaches and besides freezing them for smoothies, didn’t have a clear idea of what I might do with them. Mom offered me her recipe and I’m telling you from first hand experience, it’s delicious! I’ve made it twice in the past 2 weeks and my kids keep bugging me to make more. This is great for using up fruit that’s about to go overripe.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we have ♥
Serve with delicious drink of choice. Eat with fingers for maximum yum factor.
Healthier Coffee Cake
- 6 oz container of 0% greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Coffee Cake Topping
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chilled butter
- 3 cup of fresh fruit
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Chop fresh fruit.
- Sprinkle peaches with 3 Tbsp of sugar.
- Cook down raw fruit until soft, set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir until blended.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pan (or 2 loaf pans).
- Dot top of batter with fruit mixture.
- Mix coffee cake topping ingredients, cutting butter into other ingredients with a fork.
- Evenly distribute coffee cake topping to cover the entire cake.
- Using a wooden spoon (or your fingers!), push coffee cake topping and fruit partially down into batter.
- Bake at 375 for 45 to 50 minutes.