I’ve discovered a very resourceful knitter who modified the Almost Lost Washcloth pattern into the most clever little makeup removal cloths. If you make washcloths or dishcloths, I’ll bet you have plenty of cotton yarn leftovers that are just waiting to be transformed into these.
I also think her modifications are written in such a way as to clarify the “knit back” on the Almost Lost Washcloth Pattern – so may be helpful to those of you who continue to find that confusing.
Once you’ve done a couple, these are a snap to memorize, so you can whip them up anywhere – even without the instructions in front of you! Special thanks to Sandy, who graciously agreed to share her modifications on Simply Notable for you Almost Lost Washcloth fans out there!
Mini Almost Lost Washcloths (or Makeup Removal Cloths) – by Sandy Tieman
Cast on 7 stitches and knit one row
1. K2, yo, K3 (leave 2 stitches, flip work and knit back to end of row) = 8 stitches
2. K2, yo, K2 (leave 4 stitches, flip work and knit back to end of row) = 9 stitches
3. K2, yo, K1 (leave 6 stitches, flip work and knit back to end of row) = 10 stitches
4. K2 (leave 8 stitches, flip work and knit back to end of row) = 10 stitches
Rows 5 and 6: knit
7. Cast off 3 stitches, k to end, flip and knit one more row. Repeat 9 times for 9 points, then bind off. Use a running stitch to cinch center of circle closed. Tie off and seam side of circle together.
Stack them up in the bathroom for yourself or guests…