There is a certain nostalgia that accompanies popcorn. I especially love it drizzled in caramel and tossed with salty peanuts! This family caramel popcorn recipe has been passed down through the generations. It’s easy, delicious and inexpensive to make.
You’ll need: 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 cup corn syrup, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 2 sticks butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt, 6-8 cups popped popcorn, and 3/4 cups salted peanuts.
Start by adding the butter, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk.
Add the sugars, vanilla, and salt and stir over medium heat until butter is melted.
Bring to a soft boil and stir constantly for 7 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour over popped popcorn.
Toss popcorn until lightly coated with caramel and throw in the peanuts.
Taste testing is absolutely encouraged! DELICIOUS!
My recommendation: Make double batches – you’ll not regret it!! ;o)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6-8 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cups salted peanuts
- Add corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk and butter to a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the white and brown sugar and stir constantly until butter is melted.
- Stir in the salt and vanilla.
- Bring to a soft boil and cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly, ensuring you are scraping the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and pour over popped popcorn.
- Stir until lightly coated and toss in peanuts.