Nothing says summer more than the smell of food cooking on the grill. I love grilling because the food has a special flavor and cooking outside has the added bonus of keeping the house cooler. The secret of keeping the chicken moist is to marinate it before grilling. Here’s a great recipe for light and delicious chicken skewers – paired with veggie kabobs, it’s a quick and easy end-of-summer meal!
Remember to always marinate raw chicken seperately from other foods for best food safety practices
Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon.
Add in 1 teaspoon pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 Tablespoon honey.
Stir in a dash of cayenne pepper.
Now pour marinade over diced chicken into a large container with a lid or large ziplock bag. Let sit in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
Skewer and grill until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Oh, and here’s a handy tip: Soak those bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using to keep them from burning up on the grill.
Around here, this one’s always a hit!
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 handful chopped rosemary
- 1 handful chopped basil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 10-12 wood skewers soaked
- 2 pounds diced chicken
- 2 pounds chicken
- Add chopped herbs and shallot to 1 cup plain yogurt
- Stir in salt, pepper, and honey
- Add juice from 1 lemon
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper
- Pour mixture over diced chicken in container with lid
- Let sit 2-24 hours in the refrigerator
- Put chicken onto soaked wood skewers
- Grill until chicken reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees