I want to share with you, Crafty Friends, my favorite podcasts. Do you listen or watch them? Many of the friends I’ve told them about tell me they’ve never experienced the wonderful podcast world. If you’re one of those – I’d like to enlighten you and share a few of my favorites to get you started. No need to thank me, I’m always happy to enable, um, I mean, share.
My podcast love all began with audio podcasts, which are like talk radio with really interesting, talented knitterly type folk. I’m not one of those people who can watch video and knit, so these are perfect knitting entertainment for me. I can happily make progress on my current project as I listen. The quality of these podcasts is just incredible. I’m continually amazed at the level of creativity involved.
- Susan of Knitajourney is such a philosopher. Listening to her podcast is like reading an EB White essay. It’s human, intelligent and compelling.
- Brenda of Cast On : this is one of the first podcasts I found and she cemented my love for a well done podcast. Her podcast is the most professional I’ve encountered with wonderful music and sound effects and has been around awhile, so if you haven’t listened there’s plenty of episodes to catch up on.
- Gigi and Jasmin of The Knitmoregirls are a witty and chatty Mother/Daughter duo – an absolute joy to welcome into your earbuds. Carli and I can really relate.
- Alana of Never Not Knitting creates a friendly, warm podcast that features knitter’s stories. Her intro song is not to be missed!
- Nicole and Jenny of Stash and Burn are those girls you’d like to sit next to at knit night. They dish about yarn, patterns, and living and knitting in San Francisco.
My Video Podcast Shortlist:
Each time I see a new episode has updated in itunes, I’m so excited, it’s like I’m carrying a fun little secret – a gift yet to be opened within my ipad. I get a real kick out of seeing my video podcast friends and learning what they’ve been up to since I last saw them. I’ll admit, this is a wierd little world where the podcasters are your best friends that you know all about and recognise immediately, yet they don’t know you from Adam. Keep that in mind if you see them at a fiber event. An enthusiastic hug might seem completely right to you, but would likely be inappropriate to them. With that in mind, I’d like to introduce my BFF video podcast friends who don’t actually know me:
Check these out:
- Laura and Leslie of The Knitgirllls
- Carin of Round the Twist
- Sheila and Penny of Knit One, ♥ Too
- Lisa of 90% Knitting
- Megan and Amy of Stockinette Zombies
I’d love it if you’d share your favorites with me!